Monday, June 10, 2013

Library Books - Media Monday

 For this Media Monday I thought I would share the most recent batch of checked out library books.
 
Drawing Animals by Norman Adams & Joe Singer

 I like this one because it cuts right to the chase and shows how the animals are drawn. It's sort of a less talk, more drawing kind of book and I've been drawing from it for days.

Here are some of images from the book:



It also explains the habits of the animals in the book as well as describes their main characteristics


And here are a couple of sketches that I did:


I love this little elephant! (below)


You can see more of the book and/or purchase it here.

 Next we have a life drawing book:

 
 Life Drawing by Ian Rowlands

This is a great book! I will be buying it for my book collection. Informative and easy to understand, it covers such issues as anatomy, drawing the head a face, hands and feet, foreshortening, measuring, balance, movement, color, tone, shading, lighting and more. It even prepares you for painting. You can purchase it on Amazon here.

Here are a couple of inside images:


I have the hardest time with this in particular:


 And last but not least we have this book:

 Drawing Wildlife by J.C. Amberlyn

This one is amazing too. It is full of animal detail and is sure to teach you how to draw animals and understand them as a whole as well. I just opened this one so I haven't had a chance to draw from it yet but I am excited to start!

Some images:



 

You can see more images and purchase this one on Amazon as well.

That's it for now, have a happy Monday! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...