Happy Media Monday! I thought I'd keep it simple since this is such a large video but I thought it appropriate for an art blog as well as Media Monday in general. So, here you go. An Andy Warhol documentary. Some quick facts about Mr. Warhol:
- Once he realized that many major celebrities hung out at Serendipity 3 in New York, he would go there to hang out and draw. Eventually his drawings were put on the wall of the restaurant and this is how his career took off.
- His favorite thing to buy was underwear
- Warhol didn't like explaining his work because to him, there was no great meaning in them.
- He had a certain look that he wore on purpose which included dark sunglasses and a grey wig (he eventually dyed his hair instead)
- Actor Dennis Hopper is one of his greatest fans
- Warhol is the pioneer of American Pop Art
- Warhol’s mother encouraged him to explore his interest and art while he was sick as a boy by giving him magazines which he would then cut out photos of celebrities.