Tuesday, January 15, 2013

30 Day Challenge - Tuesday Treasury


 Every year people make New Year's resolutions and I am no exception. Usually, I make more than one (see previous goals and things here) and this year I did the same because I feel that if I make enough, I am bound to accomplish one. So, here they are:

1) Volunteer to help our planet (Beach clean ups, etc)
2) Give back to our community

One would think that the two would be enough, but no. I had to add one more. I guess I'm a challenge junkie, or maybe I've just been watching too much of this and it has warped my mind into believing that the words...



should be said every day. Who knows. But my point, my dear friends, is that I have decided to challenge myself to something a bit more extreme. Well, I don't find it extreme really, but you might.
                                                        
What is it, you ask? It's the....

Wait for it...

30 Day Vegan Challenge!
 
Don't worry, I am not going to turn this blog into a vegan blog and I will not preach to you about it or anything like that (although, if you are a fellow vegan or vegetarian, I'd love a recipe or two..hint hint). 

I'm just an artist and challenge junkie who is curious about what she's learned about food over the course of a few months (Some of my sources of info came from here, here and here). Basically, word on the street is that a plant based diet can reduce heart disease, diabetes, cancer, obesity and an array of other diseases. It also helps the planet and the animals, obviously. The links I provided are actually very interesting and I highly suggest checking them out.

As for me, I'm now on day 15 of the challenge, so that means I'm halfway through the month with no meat, no dairy (no cheese *sniffle*), no eggs and well, I'm still alive.

And that brings us back to today's main theme: Tuesday Treasury. All of the items in today's treasury are vegan (hence my long explanation, lol). 


I love the fox wallet and the dino t-shirt! What are your faves?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...