Saturday, October 6, 2012

The Le Mysterieux Carnival {2012 Blog Party}

 Welcome to the Le Mysterieux Carnival! 

Take notice here, whether your weird or lovely! We have stories, we have animals, we have depressing delights! 

We have a lonely woman with a magical talent that's sure to impress! A horse with leopard print attached to his chest! A tale for all ages told with all of my might! 

Come one! Come all! The weirdness won't wait! Step up, step up! Right this way! 



 And don't forget your ticket of admission!




Let me tell you all a tale of a lonely fortune teller named Belle



She lost her smile in a unfortunate accident over a magic drink called ale

Cried she did not, for a carnival was coming to town

So up she dressed with a puffy wig and her most glittered gown

Belle left her troubles behind and crossed a bubbling ravine, careful not to stumble


Luckily she made it across without a scratch for which she was most grateful

With a stride in her step she hummed a melody and came across a stable

There, inside, sat a gambling leopard horse with an obvious expression full of grim

Suddenly a mischievous smile came across her face and off they went on a whim!

They galloped and rode through sunsets one and two

Through the valleys and up and over many moons


Finally they arrived at a mysterious glowing tent

Sweetness filled their nostrils with the most delicious scents!


 The horse and Belle raced to the event, both excited and very cautious

As one must always be careful here or one will be tricked into eating until nauseous

The manager, a silly freak of nature, stared at them while they waited for an answer


 The wonderful duo then paid the piper and shook hands and hooves with the manager



"Okay fine", he said gruffly, as he took their money, all huffy and in a hurry

"There's only one rule here. Absolutely no screaming like a banshee."

At the crack of a whip, he turned on his heel and quickly disappeared

And the lonely fortune teller and her leopard horse became part of a gigantic family of weird.


This magical place where they lived hauntingly ever after for the rest of their days

Can only be found by weird ones if they are able to survive the magnificent maze

Carnival goers call this place the Le Mysterieux Carnival, which has many curious lands to visit

But I'm warning you now, don't you dare fidgit ;)



P.s. Thanks to Anna and Marfi for hosting the party! Please check out the other carnivals here.


16 comments:

Rhissanna said...

You are my first place of call
on Carnival Day. I hope to see all
and every single one.
But yours was first and my rhyme is done!

DogsMom said...

That Rhissanna is an early riser!
But after having my fortune told I am feeling wiser.

While writing rhyming comments can be fun
my brain's too slow so now I'm done.

Joane said...

Loved your carnival post. I'm a San Francisco native and I recognized The Palace of Fine Art and Laughing Sal. I was good to see pictures of home. If you have a chance stop by my blog. I'm having a little give-away. I'm at www.ivorypumpkin.blogspot.com.
Love,
Joane

GYPSY SISTA said...

Soooo fun but lots to see so I must carry on :)
Come visit my carnival if you will!
Xoxo Gina
Gypsy Sista

Moonlyf said...

Thanks for the wonderful, whimsical adventure!!! To think that ale could remove your smile... :-)

http://www.moonlyf.com/2012/10/le-mysterieux-carnival.html

Jorgelina said...

Veru fun!!!!
Happy day.

hyacinthnoir said...

a wonderful and whimsical story, simply divine! :)

Birgit said...

What a delightful party post! :)

Maybe you want to come over to my carnival.

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

How fun are you!!! I love your poem, and I have my silver ticket so that Belle can read my fortune. Love your art, too!

xo,
Ricki Jill

bobbie said...

Great story and pix!!

ImagiMeri said...

What a cute little story. I promise I won't fidgit ever again!

Hugs,
Meri

Anonymous said...

thanks for posting..

Victoria said...

Great post, I loved the rhyme. Thank you for your kind comment on my post!

Blessings,

Victoria from Brushstrokes

Incipient Wings said...

Ooh I love your story!
You're so creative! Thank you so much for sharing and for taking part in our carnival!
Happy Halloween:)
Marfi

Frosted Petunias said...

What a great story! I missed your post the first time I made my rounds and I'm glad I checked again. Thank you for creating this and sharing with our carnival:)

Anna

Wendy said...

Dearest Lynda,
What a wonderful tale. And I too have decided to travel through the maze and reside with the rest of the weird ones. It is where I have always belonged.
I am running a little late for my party but I would love for you to visit.

http://candydelane.typepad.com/curiosities/2012/10/carnivale-de-curiosite.html

Wishes and Whimsy
Wendy from Wonderland

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...