Monday, July 16, 2012

Snow White & The Huntsman - Media Monday

Hey everyone, welcome to Media Monday!




From now on, every Monday will be dedicated to media such as music, movies and books. You may be curious as to why I decided to do this. Well, I have found that these different forms of media kick-start my imagination more than anything else and as a result, all sorts of ideas flood my mind, thereby making 'artists block' nearly impossible.

Realizing this, I decided to share these posts about the media in the hopes that they might inspire and keep you from getting artists block as well. If not, then at the bare minimum, you will get media reviews from the opinion and perspective of an artist. So, it is with this that I present to you our first Media Monday. Yay! :)

Today's topic is the movie "Snow White and The Huntsman". You've all probably seen it already because it's been out for a while, but I just couldn't think of a better movie to begin this blog series with. I'm hoping that there are some of you out there who still haven't seen it yet and are curious as to what I think.


Personally, I LOVED this movie. It's a little darker than the typical Snow White stories, with more of a Grimm's Fairy Tale sort of atmosphere, but that really makes it stand out from the crowd. Also, if you are a visual person at all then I guarantee that even if you hate the script and/ or the plot of the movie, you will adore the visual effects. From Cameron Diaz's dresses to the dark forest to the mirror, you will undoubtedly be amazed. Not to mention, THOR. Okay, I know, I know. Thor is another movie (also a great movie and highly recommended if you have boys in the house) entirely, but I mention it because he is in this movie. Not as Thor of course, but as The Huntsman. *Swoon* This alone would get me to volunteer the nearly $11.00 admission to see it a second or twentieth time.




See, isn't he pretty?? :) Okay, back on topic. Yes, Kristen Stewart doesn't let us down with her predictable, repetitive facial expressions. Nevertheless, she still does a great job. As for Cameron Diaz, she was SO good that I thought to myself (as if this movie were reality), "I wouldn't wanna mess with her!" Seriously, folks, she doesn't mess around in this movie. I'm pretty sure she defines the words "evil badass".

All in all, the movie was great. When it's released, it might be a billion dollars, but I can tell you that I will definitely be standing in line to add it to my movie collection. Did I mention Thor? lol :)


 
 That's it you guys! I hope you enjoyed our first ever Media Monday. Have a great day! 

Best Wishes,

Lynda

2 comments:

ArTy TeA PaRty said...

Hello Lynda~

this is great inspiration for my own journey...

THANK YOU! KEEP IT UP!

Rhissanna said...

The film now known as 'Snow White Hunts for a Man!' Lol!

I'm not a big fan of hers but I LOVE altered fairy tales, so I will be seeing this. Cameron Diaz does look like she's putting in a stellar performance and is't the Evil Queen the role we really want? Media Monday? Great idea! I'm signing up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...