Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year Gift For You!

Image by freephotoshop.org

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! 

What a crazy little ride 2010 was. Are you ready for new adventures in 2011? I know I am :)

Now, on to a fresh new start. There are two things I do every year. 

The first thing that I do is make goals. I say goals instead of a resolution because having a goal doesn't sound as set in stone as making a resolution. I make more than one goal too so that way I know that I am sure to complete at least one.

My goals this year are:
  1. Focus on the Happy.
  2. Find the Funny.
  3. Get Published.
  4. Work in my Art Journal Every Day.
  5. Take art classes taught by artists that I admire.
  6. Practice Photoshop
  7. Blog More :)
The second thing I do each year is find something charitable to do using my art skills. In 2009, I helped raise money for a friend. In 2010, I painted a piano with my cousin that helped raise over $2,000 for the local Boys & Girls Club. This year, I have signed up for this...



 "The Holocaust Museum in Houston Texas is hosting an exhibit with a mission to educate people about the Holocaust, remembering the 6 million Jews and other innocent victims and honoring the survivors' legacy. Using the lessons of the Holocaust and other genocides, we teach the dangers of hatred, prejudice and apathy...

The Butterfly Project mandate is to remember the 1,500,000 innocent children who perished as a result of the Holocaust, by collecting 1.5 million handmade butterflies

 In Spring 2013, these butterflies will then become a breath-taking exhibition to serve as a memory of this event."

If you would like to read more about it, or if you would like to participate yourself, click here.

There were three things that decided this project was the one for me. Children, the devastation that was WWII (that I have a strange fascination and great empathy for) and Butterflies. 
 
Okay, now a Happy New Year present from me to you. Yay! 

 Brushes by Obsidian Dawn

I have TWO new pieces of art that I created using Photoshop. They are the FIRST pieces of Photoshop art that I have EVER created. :) I am very excited that I have finally figured out how to use that program. It's been a long time coming I suppose, especially since I've spent so many hours making grumpy comments about it while trying to learn on my own. lol. But, I finally did it! (On my way to goal # 6)
Even though many of my Facebook fans have seen these already, they, like you, haven't been given the chance to have them...until now! =D 

 Brushes by The Fifth Muse

All you need to do is click on the image until its as large as you can get it..and then print it out. Now you will have your very own free prints :)

In other news, I have won an awesome giveaway! Wyanne is an Amazing artist & teacher that I have been following for quite a while and recently, she hosted a giveaway to give one lucky person free admission into a class of their choice...and I won! Yipee! I can already cross off Goal # 5! :)

Also, I signed up for:

I know I already mentioned that but I just wanted to remind anyone else who wanted to join. We can art journal together! :) (Also, it is goal # 4). Speaking of which, I better go because it's getting late and I need to journal for at least ten minutes ;)
I hope you like my gift! Happy New Year, my dear friends :) May the best wishes and brightest dreams come true for you in 2011.

xoxo,
Lynda

1 comment:

DogsMom said...

Happy New Year! You are off to an exciting start.
I am still getting my supplies organized hoping that a few extra days at the beginning will save me hours and days and reduce frustration later.

Thank you for being such an inspiration in 2010 and I look forward to our visits in 2011 here and on YouTube.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...