Monday, December 27, 2010

A Few Of My Favorite Things


Well, did you have a great Christmas? I hope you did :) We sure had a good one at our house. In fact, it was so good that I had to take before and after pictures for proof. The only issue was that my camera took mostly blurry pictures (*Side note: Dear Santa, I know whats on my next Christmas list already! :)

Still, I got the basic point of what it was all about. See here, the presents are pretty and placed nicely under the tree...


And then here...is what happens after 4 adults and 2 kids open presents. Pretty messy right? I will let you in on a little secret. This is only about 1/4 of the real mess. Luckily, we had helpers stuffing wrapping paper and boxes into garbage bags as we went along :)

Can you spot the love sign? That was one of my favorite gifts :) Do you see the white orb on the couch? I like to think that it is the spirit of a loved one that has passed. I like to believe that she joined us for all of the excitement because she loved Christmas.

You would think that the younger kid (my niece) would have woken up first, but alas, my 10 year old son was the first to stare into my face at 7 a.m. and shout, "Merry Christmas Mom!"


Christmas was more chaotic this year than previous ones, but it was so worth it. When things got a little stressful, I would just look into this beautiful candle holder that my niece and nephew picked out for me, to remind me that "Family is the best and most beautiful thing in the world." :) Truth be told, I absolutely loved being surrounded by so many people that love and care about each other. There is just something about it that, as my 3 year old niece would say "Is Magical!"


I wondered too, how it went for you. I sent many wishes of happiness and happy thoughts your way. Did you feel them?

Did you get fabulous presents this year? I'd love to hear about what you got :) As for me, I got so many beautiful things. I would post them all but because of my camera acting silly, I could only post the pictures of my gifts that I found online:


I would like to thank everyone who thought of my son and I on this Christmas holiday, and who were so kind as to get us gifts...

And I am most grateful to my readers who are right now reading this :)

As always, see you soon and until next time, take care of you!

xoxo

3 comments:

Victoria Sayer said...

So glad to see you had a lovely Christmas also. Thanks for stopping by earlier, Lynda, and leaving a comment. Your Christmas tree has just the right amount of fairylights on it to be sensational! Our gifts were a little on the slim pickings side this year, but what we dipped out on in the gift department, we made up for in the love and goodwill department. Hope you have a fabulous New Year 2011.

Diane said...

First of all--Love the Orb!! You did have a wonderful Christmas--I know this, because you know that the best thing about Christmas is being with family.
You know what I got (and love) for Christmas (on my blog), but I also got Photoshop--I am pre-first grade when it comes to this, but I want to learn so bad--hopefully I can get it.

Heather said...

Looks like you had an amazing Christmas! Hope you have a wonderful new year as well :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...