Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Art Journal Every Day


There is not an Etsy Treasury today because I have something different for you instead.While I was scrolling through my google recommendations, I found this blog created by Julie Fei-Fan Balzer. She is an artist also and big on art journaling.

Julie is sharing a challenge with the world. To journal every day with the start of the new year. The rules are really simple. There is no pressure to be perfect, to finish, or even to complete the art journal entry that you have begun. She simply wants to share the process, build a community of support for like minded art journalists and encourage us all to do something creative every day.

You see, this is perfect for me because I have been slacking lately in the art world. Sure, I participate on my blog and Facebook and all that, but I haven't finished or even started a painting in months. Not even an art journal entry...and that's no bueno.

When you do art every day, whether it be drawing or scribbling, doodling or painting, your skills get sharper. Your eyes become more in tune with your hands, and your work becomes more detailed.

I guess you could say that I needed an art break..but now I need an art motivator. Stumbling across this idea seemed like a sign, and I am a huge believer in signs.

So, here I am, all signed up and determined to start January 1st, 2011. And it feels great. I think 2011 will hold some great things for me and my art, and I hope it creates the same kind of magic for you and your art as well.

Would you like to sign up? All you need to do is go here, sign up and then grab the badge and throw it on your blog. Or, if you don't have a blog, you can just comment on her journaling posts. Yup, it's easy peasy. As the commercials would say, "Even a caveman could do it." :)

4 comments:

Diane said...

Lynda--thank you--every year I say that I'm going to art journal, and I start, but never stay with it--now that I'm signed up--I think it will help me. Merry Christmas!!

milkcan said...

I'm so glad that you're going to be a part of Art Journal Every Day! It's shaping up to be such a lovely community of women! We're going to have so much fun!

AForestFrolic said...

Oh my goodness, it sounds wonderful...I'm going to check it out! I WANT to journal more, but need to make the time ;)

Jamie :)

dogsmom said...

Thanks for sharing. I will check it out. Being part of something larger is motivating.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...