Saturday, September 25, 2010

Practical Magic Party 2010


Practical Magic is one of my most cherished movies of all time. It's full of mystery, suspense, magic, sisterhood, romance and a haunting. It is the kind of story that cements a memory into your brain. And I, your most unsuspecting witch, (tee hee!) will tell you a secret story. One that is only made between two young women who promise to grow into old bats together in a house where, "In this house, we eat chocolate cake for breakfast! And we never bother with silly little things, like bed times or brushing our teeth." Except we will...brush our teeth that is ;)



My sister and I have been curious about the "unexplained" since before I can remember. Ghosts, UFO's, Witches, Magic, and the most mysterious unexplained thing of all, love. One of the strongest loves one could ever encounter is that of family. Especially sisterhood. We have been separated by different states, different homes, different childhoods and the all impossible teenage girl years. And even through all of that, we stayed close. Like magic.


(I'm big sister, she's little sister)

Sometimes, we daydream of living in a house where kittens can sit on the table and eat grapes with us. Other times, we wish that things would just be still and normal. We wish for things like a peaceful garden to sit in and drink tea with silly looking hats and giggle loudly until the neighbors complain. This my friends, is what makes the movie so special to me. In the beginning, the sisters are seperated. In the end, they're closer than ever before. (See where I'm going with this?) Then, Miss Justina and Anna decided to create a blog party about the movie. So here we are friends. On another magical journey into the unknown. Since so many people have blogged about the movie before, I thought we would try something different.

In honor of the movie, I bring to you...a spell of peace and happiness too :)

The first thing any witch would have to do is gather some supplies, so off we go for a saucy surprise. In a town not far from here are two shops that are perfect little havens for witches like us.



Did you know that stones like these have magical properties? Tis true my friend. Tis true indeed.



This store has quite a few gems, do you see? ;)



This little shop even has "intuitive" readings




I just LOVE this lamp :)



Now step outside, and walk on down to the other jewel of a place thats in town



It's undercover claim is that it sells stuff for "aromatherapy", tea blends and candles..but really, it's a place for us to get some dried herbs and potion bottles









Now that we've gone and gathered our supplies, it's time to go on the real ride :) We start off first by gathering the good books





Next we get all nice and fancy in some light



Time to get the broom to kick this off right



And of course a black skirt, make sure its not too tight



Now we're ready..but what's that you see? From the corner of your eye...could it be?



A real witch!? Who is it? Did you see? Whoever it is, looks busy to me.



Just when I thought that she looked lonely, another one appeared out of nowhere and spooked thee! (lol)



Without them knowing that we were there, they snuck into the garden for spells of soul repair (Psst! Is that you making that sound? Giggles and chuckles all around? The witches will hear you and we will be found!) ;)



The time is now to witness some magic, maybe they're mixing something metallic



Of eye of newt and all things tragic, they mix and melt until things melt like plastic



The witches even have a crystal ball, which in their hands gets very small



And now, my dear friends, a question is to be asked. Have you figured out who the witch is at last? The crystal ball knows all the answers. I bet it will tell us that she's not a great dancer.



Dear crystal ball, what is it that you see? Get closer my pretties and she will tell you; The witch is....



ME!! I was hiding there all along



Under the hat, writing and singing a song



While at the same time talking to you, and spooking you for free! What I bet you didn't know was that while you were watching me...



I had someone special watching over you from a tree



Are you all nice and spooked now? Scary as can be? Well scary is for scaredy cats, not for you and me :) After all, this was fun. There were giggles and glee and I did it all for you, my beautiful pretties :)





So there it is, the big secret revealed. Do me a favor though and make sure its sealed. Another favor before you go, remember these lines to help you grow ;)

"My darling girl, when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage!"



"There are some things I know for certain: always throw spilled salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can"

P.s..if you haven't seen that movie, you should. Just sayin'. Oh, and you should definitely do the midnight margarita thing. It's just awesome.



Until next time my friends, or HALLOWEEN more precisely, I bid you goodbye most lovingly






40 comments:

Pauline said...

LOVED your post for the party! Fantastic photos... especially loved the open amethyst (always stunning to see) and those purple striped socks!
hugs and blessings from Australia,
Pauline

Pauline said...

Oops... forgot to mention.... my middle name is Lynda - you're the first person I've ever 'met' with that spelling, other than Lynda Carter "Wonder Woman"!

Jorgelina said...

wonderful post!!!
Fantastic!!!Fantastic!!!
Hugs

Poetic Dreams said...

Lovely post. Here's a lil tid bit ya might not have know about the midnight Margarita scene. Didya know they did take after take on this scene, and none of the girls were happy with it? Stockard, Diane, Sandra, and Nicole agreed it looked too planned. So they actually made REAL Margaritas and got drunk to do that scene! How cool was that? lol Bonus tidbit, Stockard Channing and I have the same birthday. lol
Practical Magic is one of my favorite movies I can watch it over & over again. Have ya seen Hocus Pocus? It's a cute lil Halloween movie.
Hugs, Poe

Valerie Hart said...

Lovely post for the Practical Magic Party! Where do I get those lovely purple striped stockings... hee hee! Thanks so much for sharing!

xoxo Valerie
http://valeriehart.com

Scrap Vamp said...

Love those shops! If only there were some around here! Beautiful photos and I had a magical time! Thank you!

Daydreamer :) said...

That was awesome! You are a beautiful witch.
BTW, it would have been Wicked if that sign read: "Elphaba"-tized Herbs. LOL

casey887 said...

That's just awesome!
I read tarot cards and it's something everyone always wants me to do for them.. It's such a fun thing!!

You are so inspiring to me. Keep it up love!

tricia said...

Ooohhh I just loved your post, especially loved the socks and pointy shoes!!! Thank you for all you lovely fun work on the party post. I will be back!
Blessings from Santa Barbara...
Check out my party post, I am on the blog role under correspondence with the muses, enjoy!

Magaly Guerrero said...

Such fun! I would have loved to be a spirit stuck to your aura while you were doing all your witchy exploration!

I know most people would say something like a fly on the wall, but I don't want to be a fly and I'm certainly too weird to be most people.

Faerie Moon Creations said...

What an AWESOME Practical Magic post. I really loved all of it. And I ADORED your stockings! :)

Please feel free to fly over my way:

http://faeriemooncreations.blogspot.com/2010/09/because-theres-little-witch-in-every.html

Sincerely, Theresa

Faerie Sage said...

Oooh I would love to have a shop like that! Your post is beautiful!
My link is not up yet but feel free to visit me at faeriesagekitchen.blogspot.com

Sara said...

love your outfit and your post. I dont think I would ever come out of those shops if they were near me hugs Sara

Lynn@ The Vintage Nest said...

Absolutely awesome post. I loved it. It looks like you had a fun time making it. Thank you and I hope you can visit. We are dancing away at the Vintage Nest. xo

Designs by Blanche said...

Charming Party Post!

Thanks for sharing the little bit of witch in you!

-Blanche

Cameron said...

I soooo enjoyed visiting your wonderful party! I'm happy Following you now thru more fantastic adventures :)

Linda said...

I enjoyed reading your post very much...very creative Your visuals were wonderful.
Please visit me:
momentsinaneye.blogspot.com

Plumrose Lane said...

Love, love, loved your magical journey (gorgeous hat!) and you're so fortunate... not only for the wonderful relationship you have with your sister - which personally I've always felt the tone is set by the older sibling - but to live in an area where you have such wonderful shops!! I really must move... lol!
Hugs♥
Sharon

Kelly said...

Such a fun post! I loved all the pics. Over the years I have developed an interest in the unusual. I never believed in ghosts until I moved into the house I have now and saw and heard the one we have.

My best friend and I always swore we would live in a house together when we get old...assuming we outlive our husbands...and have lots of cats! XD

Have a magical day, Kelly
www.blondheart.blogspot.com

blue china studio said...

What a great and very fun post! Love your witches costume...or maybe it isn't a costume. :-)

Bluezy said...

Another thing that is magical is to word together all the word verifications and see what it may be saying as we go about partying to and fro!
Really liked your post! Great photography as well!

Penny said...

Great Party post, and your pictures are terrific,

I love healing gems and that amethyst geod is to die for.

Brightest Blessings,
Penny

Aimee Jeffries said...

I really enjoyed this post, so full of witchy goodness!

Wendy said...

Lynda,

That was sooo much fun. What a great party post. I want to visit those stores. I loved the Herb store. Gosh I could go crazy in there.
All the pictures were wonderful. I loved it.
Magical
Spells and Wishes,
Wendy from wonderland

http://candydelane.typepad.com/curiosities/2010/09/practical-magic-party-2010.html

Susan said...

Wonderful poem and story! Awesome pictures :) this was MAGICAL!!
Peace n love,
Susan

come visit:
http://piecesoffatesusan.blogspot.com/

Birgit said...

I just love great photos, so I was certainly at the right place now! :) You look great in your witchy outfit.

-- Birgit

Sparkster said...

Oh how I loved this post. I wish we had those shops here, oh yes I do! Books, stones, and a garden of life. Does it get much better than that? I think not! I'm not sure which was more beautiful, you or the amethyst.. oh who am I kidding? Definitely you! Just don't tell the amethyst I said that. ;)

Faith, trust, and faerie dust!

http://fortheloveofcreativity.blogspot.com

Katy Cameron said...

What a fun party post, loved all the pics

Carrieann said...

Wow! I LOVE your post and your blog!
It's so nice to have met you and to have found a new fave blog to follow.

If you haven't already, fly by and take a peak at our party prize giveaway...
http://ametistadea.blogspot.com/2010/09/gather-witches-all-for-practical-magic.html

Brightest blessings!

Michelle Cummings said...

What a wonderful post! Love all your wicked delights! I hope you'll come "fly" over to my blog and see what I have been brewing!
~Michelle
http://faeriedustdreams-michelle.blogspot.com/

Annabelle said...

Loved your post,the costumes and the shops.The curtains and amethyst were simply romantic,stuff that creates magic.I adore amythyst and think it should always accompany a witch to truly make her magic work. Thanks for the hospitality.
Annabelle * *
* * ~^..^~ * *

Carol said...

What a fun blog party at your house! Thanks so much for sharing and making it so special!

~Carol :)

Elysian Field Originals said...

Wonderful party post. Brightest Blessings!

Elizabeth Barczynski said...

So much work went into your wonderful party post. Thank you so much for thi inspired photos!

I would love if you visited me when time allows

http://wood-wings.blogspot.com/

Justina said...

Miss Lynda,
Thank you so much for participating in all the magickal fun !! The photo of you and your sister is so adorable !! I wish I had a sister sometimes! Where is that apothecary store with all the herbs? That looks so enchanting !! All of your pictures are so magickal , i love all of the wording and prose that you used... so whimsical and playful ! Thanks for joining us :-)
-Justina
http://labohememagique.blogspot.com

Incipient Wings said...

LOVE this post!one of my favorites for sure.what a cute witch, uhh, i mean spooky witch!
I really enjoyed flying over to see you.have a wonderful night!!!!

Papillon Bleu said...

I love your shooooooooooooooooooooes!!!!!
The photos are stunning!!!!
*

.*

.*.*

.*.+.+.

+.+**+*.*.*.*+.*

.*.+*.**+*.**+

****.+.*.+

..*.*+*.+*.+

*+*+

***.+.+.+.+.+.+

..*.*.*.*.

*.+.****.

+.**

.+.

*

im zoe said...

such a great and fun post i loved the images especially all the dried herbs, just gorgeous

if you would like to check it out i also have a post for the party :)
http://blessedbeeapothecary.blogspot.com/2010/09/theres-little-witch-in-every-woman.html

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What fun! You've treated us all to a magical party! ♥

Ashley from Satellite Heart said...

One of my favorite movies as well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...