Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Looking To Trade & Birthday News

Did you know that the 4th of July is also my birthday? It sure is! I had quite the busy weekend and boy oh boy, did I score some great stuff! I took pictures all day long but a lot of them came out blurry so I just saved the ones I could. I'm glad I was able to save the ones I did because what would a party be without my blog buddies? So, grab your tanning lotion, sunglasses and fruity umbrella drink and join us :) These are the things that we did:

We lounged around in the sun


We went for a swim and learned new tricks like, "being the dolphin" or "the fish"


We laughed quite a bit and had a couple of mood swings here and there :)


There was fishing. Or rubber ducky-ing, whichever you prefer :)


There was "out-of-pool-snorkling". This is what happens when a couple of ladies spray perfume in the car on the way to see fireworks. Little man has quite the theatrical side :)


And of course, there were fireworks with booms so loud, you could literally feel them in your chest :)


As for the goods, I got the prettiest present from Dad and Ginny! I also received a really cool basket of fresh herbs and habanero marmalade and strawberry jam from my aunt and uncle. I even got super cool art stuff from my mom! :) (Thanks again for the presents you guys!)



Seriously, is that not the most beautifully wrapped present? *Smiles* It turned into a daisy growing kit! How awesome is that?!

Above: The daisy kit, basket of herbs including sweet basil (my favorite!), cilantro, dill, thyme, and tarragon. *Swoon*

Below: The awesome art stuff from my mom. 3 dimensional paints, clay, clay tools, star stickers, halloween stickers, and shiny circular stickers. As well as a couple of new friends :) *Love*



I can't wait to paint this little dude and dudette!


Speaking of presents, I don't know about you but personally, I only get boring bills in the mail. Therefore, I am looking for someone who feels the same and would like to participate in a random trade :) If that person is you, leave a comment and I will enter your name to be the other trader! You could get these goodies:


A journal, a mini cocktail stamp, 3 pretty flower pens and a great big lollipop! :)

Thanks everyone and have a great week!

5 comments:

Diane said...

Well, Happy belated Birthday!! Wonderful, colorful pics too!

sanda reynolds Mullingar,Ireland said...

Lyndaaa! Happy belated Birthday, my dear friend and may ALL your wishes come true! :)
Lots of love and a BIG hug,
Sanda xoxo

AForestFrolic said...

Happy belated b-day...sweet wrap job and present inside, how thoughtful! Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier!

Jamie :)

aimee said...

what beautiful kids! hope you had a great birthday!

Zinnia said...

Awe Lynda...I am so delighted to have found your blog. Thank you for visiting mine! I love your July 4th photos, and Happy Birthday! It looked like you had the best family day ever, and your pictures look scrumptious! Pure summer abounds in them, and the enjoyment of warm days and yummy foods reminds me of the best days of the season. Come over to Roses sometime when you want to make some mail art...we'd love to have some of your sunshine. much love! Zinnia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...