Monday, June 14, 2010

The Story Of The Painted Piano










For those of you who don't know, I spent quite a bit of time painting a piano. Why a piano? Well here is the story:

Six non-profits are suffering in the cities of Rohnert Park and Cotati. They came up with the idea of getting 6 pianos donated to the 6 non-profits who would in turn have them painted by a volunteer. The Rohnert Park/ Cotati Rotary club picked me and my cousin. I painted the entire front of the piano while he painted the very top and sides. After all of the pianos were painted, they were sent to sit in front of 6 public places.

They have been in front of the public for about a month. During this Fathers Day weekend (also known as the local annual Jazz Festival), they will auction off all of the pianos and the money will go to our lovely non-profits. Yay!

It has been an incredible thing, watching people that I don't know play the piano that I painted. To see people have fun with something that I made is awesome! Not to mention the fact that it is for a good cause :)

So far the piano that I painted has been on the FRONT PAGE of the Community Voice newspaper (seen here) as well as....(drum roll please)...

ABC NEWS!

That's right you guys, all 6 pianos were featured in a segment on ABC News. And while my piano is featured for a total of maybe 3 seconds, I am incredibly thankful and very excited. I really hope that you watch and enjoy the video. The other pianos are awesome!

You can see the bottom section of my piano at the 40 second mark of the ABC News video above :)

I will also be making a video in more detail about the event and the piano that my cousin and I painted. I will hopefully post that within a week or two, but in the between this and that, here is a picture of my side:




Have a great week everyone!

4 comments:

Diane said...

This is SO COOL--can't wait for the video--Well Done!!!

rhomany said...

Very cool indeed. I love that frieze your painted and the colours on your piano. The rock chick in me would want the hotrod chevvy one though!

sanda reynolds Mullingar,Ireland said...

GREAT job, Lynda! What a fabulous ingenious idea!!! Super cool!
Lots of love, Sanda xoxo

hula-la said...

Absolutely stunning! I soooo wish I could bid on that baby! Makes my old upright look very sad indeed. Way to go, and congratulations on all the good pub coming your way! GO GET EM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...