Saturday, June 26, 2010

My Mad Hatter Tea Party

Let's live in a story today, shall we?



Once upon a time there was a very imaginative 28 year lady by the name of Miss Lynda. She loved the story of Alice in Wonderland from the time she was itty bitty and will love it for all eternity. One day, she was cruising around the blogosphere when she happened to stumble upon a friend who shared the same feeling. Miss Vanessa was her name and she threw a tea party every year in honor of Alice in Wonderland. Miss Lynda saw an invite to participate in the online version of said party and without hesitation, jumped at the chance. She quickly went to work.

She painted the roses red


she searched for very personable tea pots and tea cups. She glued and baked until she could glue and bake no more. And then, at last, the big day arrived.



WELCOME TO THE VIRTUAL MAD HATTER TEA PARTY!! :)



Miss Lynda invited the universe, as well as Mr. Fox.


Her son was there to become none other than the Mad Hatter himself. Her mother, aunt, boyfriend and even the spectacular Mr. Bannon attended!





However, everyone else was late for this very important date. Normally, that would make Miss Lynda think that this kind of behavior was nonsense, but today, she remembered what Alice said. "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And Contrary-wise, what it is it wouldn't be and what it wouldn't be, it is. You see?" So with that in mind, and with helpers to help get ready, Miss Lynda decided to be patient. Then, just then, no other kind of then, something much muchier happened. No doubt, it must have had something to do with rule 42. And with that...

A little girl appeared.


Indeed, while the family sat, stood and admired the madness, the little girl got curiouser and curiouser. Finally, unable to control the wonderment, she got a friend and asked if they could join. "Why of course!" said us mad people. And wouldn't you believe it? The Ace of hearts didn't try to stop her. He didn't even budge an inch!


So there we sat. Laughter and imaginations amuck. Crazy amounts of awesome energy floated through the air. Whispers wandered to far away places. And as luck would have it, another fellow curious bunch showed up. It was a full party at last! Good thing too, as those chairs are not to be wasted.


We had many delicious treats. From cupcakes to watermelon fruit to flower shaped sandwiches, we had it all. There were even hidden toys!






The flowers were alive and making faces of their own,


Some of them even served marshmallows


Right before our eyes, the caterpillar grew into a beautiful butterfly. Do you see him? He's asking whoooooo youuuuu are.


And the flamingos (Inflatable) were as pink as could be. Although, some of them may have been too pretty for their own good. Some things just don't need to be seen.


If this was a proper tea party, our manners would be much muchier but alas, some attendees were of the truly mad variety. (Don't you just love accidental party pictures?)


Since we are already on the subject of the animals, let's check on the pleasant Mr. Fox.



Hmm, looks like he's quiet tired, doesn't it? Silly Mr. Fox insisted that he is just dandy and isn't one to rest much.

Oh, did I mention that there was also a secret place for the fairies to have tea?


New events unfolded as the afternoon went on. Some friends were finally amongst all of the fun





We looked for the white rabbit:


We had a wonderful bubble gum contest.


It was truly mad! It secretly became the contest to see who could shove the most gumballs in their mouths. Guess what? Even Miss Lynda played! Here are the results:

Looks like one kid got one too many gumballs, no? :)


Mr. Ace of hearts is jealous. He wanted to shove gumballs into his mouth too.










And while some decorated their Mad Hats




Others transformed into Alien Fairies, right before our eyes!


Next we had the infamous flamingo croquet.







The cards didn't want to help us win though as they were too busy hanging out.


They don't get away from the Queen of hearts that often and I think it shows.

I should also inform you that there is one flamingo game that is not well known. It is something that boys like to call "Flamingo Wars" (Do you see the adult onlookers? They loved the party and even had a cupcake themselves!)


Later in the afternoon all of the boys and girls jumped up and down, and even around Miss Lynda. They wanted to talk about her art and ask if she could teach them to paint. They debated over who should get which painting that was already painted. They talked and talked about Alice and the movie until they decided it was time for more treats and tea.


A moment later, Miss Lynda looked over and noticed that the Ace of hearts was about to capture her dear friend and send him to the Queen!



Thank goodness Mr. Ace was camera shy because as soon as he noticed the lens, he decided to move back. Phew, what a close call!

Afterwards, everyone had fun taking photographs.


The children were too excited to remember "We are all Mad here" so they settled on cheers instead.


Then, out of all magical curiousness, the children started cleaning off the table. That's right, the children decided ON THEIR OWN to help Miss Lynda clean up. If that's not shocking enough I should warn you....Even the adults helped!


Everyone participated in the clean up. All except the dandy Mr. Fox. He didn't quite make it. Had much too much to drink if you ask me.


And so, as the story concludes, we wish to thank you for joining us


We hope that our imaginative day creates magic and enchantment for yours.



On that note, we would also like to thank the adults who helped Miss Lynda stay in the sane range of the mad variety

First up, Miss Debbie


Miss Karen



Mr. Curtis



Miss Colette & Mr. Miguel



Mr. Miguel thinks the flamingo is funny so I will show one more curious photo :D



P.s. No Animals, not even the flamingo or Mr. Fox, were harmed in any way during this Mad Tea Party.

******* THE END *******

47 comments:

Melissa said...

It looks like everyone had a fabulous time at your Mad Tea Party and so did I! Thanks for having me!

Maggi said...

~*~*~*Hip hip hurray it's Tea Party Day!*~*~*~

What a magical party with the most elegant guests! And a bubble gum contest to boot!

Thanks for having me at your tea party! if you haven't been already, you're cordially invited to my mad tea party! Have yourself a mad sort of day! :)

MARLOU B. said...

Great party!!!!!
Thank you so much for sharing.
Happy Tea Party Day to you!

fawndear said...

Thank you so much for sharing your party, even the accidental pictures. So glad that you included real people too. How perfectly Mad to have a GumBall contest.

Loved visiting. I had such a great time I know I'll stop by again.

Tootles,
FawnDear

kayellen said...

How fun!!
Happy Day~~

Tea Party is here!!!~~~~yippee

Clink clink our teacups!!

xoxo
Kay Ellen

Maria-Thérèse afiori.com said...

Beautiful party! Gimme those gumballs! :D Your blog background really matches them btw.

♥ Alice Maria-Thérèse Afiori in a Swedish wonderland <a href="http://blog.afiori.com" rel=">blog.afiori.com</a> ♥

KathrynAntyr said...

Oh my what a party! Looks like everyone had a great time. The table looked so festive. Thanks for sharing it with all of us here in bloglandia.

Follow your heart and join me as we go to the Forest of Wishes. I have party gifts waiting for everyone! http://collagediva.typepad.com/collagediva/2010/06/blogparty.html

{{soul hugs}}
Kathryn, Collage Diva

Fair Rosamund said...

Awesome tea party, it looks like everyone had a wonderful time!! :) ~Lauren

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

I loved your party and flamingo crochet!!! It looks like a fabulour time was had by all...and with that I must apologize for not staying as I have another party to run off to!
Laurie

Carissa said...

Love this story - what fun! We went with the fairy tale theme too! Yipeee!

Won't you join us for tea just click
Mad Tea Party - Fairy Tale

http://lenorita-lenoramoore.blogspot.com/2010/06/mad-tea-party-2010.html

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh what a FUN party! This is the ultimate. I love the flamingo croquet! And the flowers with faces! And all of those smiling kids! So cute and colorful and fun. And that pic that is half B&W and half color... neat! You just socked it out of the ballpark with this.

Happy Tea Partying...

XO,

Sheila :-)

dawaioser said...

Hahahaha. I must try the bubblegum contest. We used to do that with Moon Pies, remember those? LOL

Thanks for letting me share in your special tea party! If you haven't already feel free to drop by my gathering.
~ Misha/DawaiOser <3

http://dawaioser.livejournal.com/747155.html

Scrap Vamp said...

Thank for the tea and croquet! A very fanciful experience!

Whisperings 13 said...

oh my that was FUn! what a wonderful party- madness everywhere- and the flamingos! i am still giggling!

have a madly spectacular day!

KarenHarveyCox said...

What a delight that you turned the Mad Tea into a reason to have so many guests for the party. Everything looks lovely and your guest look like they were having a ball.

Happy Mad Tea Party,

Karen

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Fabulous fun!!!! Thank you for visiting me - sorry I missed the bubble gum contest! If you have not made your way already, I do hope that you shall come and visit with me, as you join the White Queen and Mad Hatter for some cake ~ and tea
http://faeriemooncreations.blogspot.com/2010/06/its-mad-tea-party.html
...Theresa (aka The White Queen)

Deborah said...

WHEW! Thank you for clarifying the animal abuse!!! What a good mommy you are! Looks like a fabulous time.

**blows kisses** Deb

Jenn Erickson said...

Wow! What a magical day! You really went all-out and it looks like everyone had a fabulous time (especially that wily Mr. Fox!). You even had flamingo croquet! What lucky guests! So glad to have stopped by for a spell on this happiest of Tea Party days! Jenn

Kandes Naylor said...

Looks like everyone had a good time, especially Mr. Fox who didn't have to clean up. Come by and see me for a cup of tea. I am having a giveaway you won't want to miss!
-Kandes-
http://trickyfoxdesigns.blogspot.com/

Isabel said...

I enjoyed your tea party!! But what got me to your blog was the mini bio on Jenny's blog:O)I can so relate to you in many ways best of luck and love ur art:O) Isabel

Brook said...

I loved seeing all the happy faces at your tea party! Thank you for letting same and I stop by for a spot of tea.

Cameron said...

That was a hoot! What fun was had by all...and me, too! Thanks for inviting me!

I must get some of those painted roses!

Frogwarts said...

What a fun party! We even got to enjoy a game of croquet with pink flamingos!! I couldn't find a single one for our party!

Come by if you've time!

- Carol & friends from www.frogwartsworld.com

Kim Switzer said...

What fun! It looks like everyone had a wonderful time.

Papillon Bleu said...

Love the gum ball competition! Your table is beautiful and so colourful! Bravo!!!!!!

WrightStuff said...

What a soopa party my dear. I rather think the dapper Mr Fox was quite the finishing touch!

Lori said...

What a magical and wonderful tea party! The treats looked so yummy--they filled up my tummy! And the bubblegum--not my thing--but glad to see the kiddos had fun. Thanks for stopping by my mad tea party as well. I'm off to more madness!

MarZel said...

What excitement and energy. Thanks for having me over. Great party.

www.theplayoflightandshadow.blogspot.com

Alisa said...

What a fun party!
~Alisa

http://lifeisabeautifulplacetobe.blogspot.com/2010/06/would-you-like-little-more-tea.html

Marit said...

I was terribly late for your party. Sorry, sorry..... I know how you hate that but I'm here now! Thanks for waiting, I wouldn't wanna miss YOUR tea party!!! It is like magic!!! If you care for some more tea, you're very welcome at my place!

Loretta said...

What a wonderful tea party! I loved the flamingo croquet. So imaginative!

Linda in New Mexico said...

By the looks on their faces, everyone at your ta do had a fun time. Thanks for sharing a lovely time. says The Olde Bagg

Abi said...

Oh my gosh, you all look to be having such fun :O)
Thanks for the invite!!

Waterrose said...

How colorful and fun...Loved the tea party....thanks for inviting me!

Justina said...

Lynda,
Just WOW ! There is so much colorful stuff to look at ! I love the summery feel to the whole tea party! That bubblegum contest looks like so much fun!! And I love how you incorporated the game of croquet!! You literally painted the roses red, and I loved the flowers with the eyes :-D ... Is that last picture on your post you with your boyfriend? He's such a good sport ! You all look like you really enjoyed yourselves, and I had a great time as well ! Looking forward to next year's! Well thank you for stopping by my party as well! The Hatter and I hope you decide to stop by again soon !
-Justina
La Boheme Magique
http://labohememagique.blogspot.com/

Victoria Sayer said...

Thanks ever so much for sharing your Mad Tea Party with me. And it was quite mad. For more Mad Tea, please do come and visit me in the Secret Enchanted Forest at:
http://greenandwhitegarden.blogspot.com/2010/06/mad-tea-party.html
~Vicki.

Carousel Dreams said...

Oh, this was fun! I especially enjoyed playing flamingo croquet! Your party was delightful. Now I just need to try and get the gum out of my hair!

Wendy said...

Very cut, very cute. I love all the bubble gum. It is a good thing there were no desk or school lunch tables around. Very Mad indeed. Please stop by and have a cup of tea with me.
Have a Wonderfully Mad and Curious Day.....Wendy from Wonderland
http://candydelane.typepad.com/curiosities/

Carolee said...

Awwwww, what FUN! Looks like the children are having a great time, hehe!! Thanks for sharing it. :)

~ Carolee

dellamarinis said...

Beautiful tea party Miss Lynda, it looks like everyone really enjoyed it. Your table was set so colorfully set (great flowers) and I loved the flamingos! Thanks so much for stopping by and enjoying our cat play the Dormouse (in the teapot)!

Michelle Cummings said...

I'm sorry I'm late! My MIL's memorial was on the date of the party, so I'm now just getting my wits together to visit all the festivities!

Thank you for a hosting a beautiful party! Everything is so magical!


~ Michelle
http://faeriedustdreams-michelle.blogspot.com/

TesoriTrovati said...

A completely charming party, indeed! I love the bubblegum contest!
I am hosting a Mad Mad giveaway on my blog http://treasures-found.blogspot.com. I do hope you will have a chance to stop by!
Enjoy the day!
Erin

hula-la said...

GREAT POST! Can't wait to have one of my own!

Evelyn's Wonderland said...

Thank you for having me at your tea party! It looks like everyone had such a wonderful time.

Hope you can visit me for some magical tea!

Contessa Kris said...

hello! I'm loving your tea party?! I always say every year I'm going to participate in Miss Vanessa's party but I never follow through. yours looks a whole lot of fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog tonight. It's wonderful to connect with new artsy people. I will be back to visit. I have followed both your blogs. Love the beginnings of your foodie blog as I have a foodies blog too. Talk soon!

Francesca said...

That looks like such a lot of fun!

sanda reynolds Mullingar,Ireland said...

What a FABULOUS tea party you had there, Lynda!!! So much fun and magic! Everything look fantastic! Love, love, LOVE it!
Hugs, Sanda xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...