Saturday, May 29, 2010

My Oh My!


It's been a LOOOONG time since I have posted! I have spent a lot of time over the last year reflecting on the changes that I have made and the changes that have made me. It's kind of crazy how fast the time goes when you're stuck in your own head.

I am now a full-time artist and proud to say it. I have tried to ignore the calling in my heart to be an artist for many many MANY years. Exhausted, I finally gave in. It has been a very hard decision but one in which I am sure I will not regret in any way, shape or form. It is what I was born to do. I believe that my art will make a difference. I hope to inspire those who hit a rough patch in their lives as well as encourage them to keep fighting through. And even those who have happy lives, I hope to make them smile.

I spent a lot of time thinking about this decision. Pros and Cons, the 'starving' artist beliefs, the bills, creating, business license, online presence, yada yada yada. Am I scared? Hell yes! But I will do it anyway. Living in fear is something that I have never wanted to do. So here I am.

I may starve, I may cry, I may not become famous, but my son will be taken care of and I will be happy and maybe even at total peace someday. Although, I wouldn't be against becoming famous either, just to clarify :)

There are a huge list of things that I need to learn and do. I take it one day at a time and today, I am sharing my thoughts through the blog world. Taking this one day at a time seems to help the level of anxiety. One day at a time has worked splendidly. I have more commission offers than I have time for, I am working on getting new things in my Etsy shop, I have made an entry for a book that has essentially traveled the world and will soon be published, and just wrote an article for the Crescendoh blog.

I was so worried that I would run out of inspiration, but if I look closely, I see inspiration everywhere. I have never had so much inspiration in my life! Lately, I have been seeing hearts in every day things. An orange peel in the garbage can, a leaf, on ice cream. Granted, I carved the heart in the ice cream myself, but it inspires me and reminds me of love anyway.

I am very excited to share this journey with you! I will share the ups and downs, hearts, interests, and anything else that I love. Thank you very much for reading. Take care of yourself and I will talk to you soon.

5 comments:

rhomany said...

All the best Linda. It is definitely really scary out here, but you'd be surprised how you thought was essential you can do without once you're following your passions. I would never have guessed 18 months ago that I'd be sitting here tv-less on a Saturday night painting and listening to free podcasts, but here I am and loving every second.

Apple said...

I'm glad to see you back. Congrats on becoming a full time artist!! :)

hula-la said...

Best "creative" wishes to you! Found your blog and vids by accident, and was instantly inspired to start an art journal! THANK YOU! GO GET EM...

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

Hi Lynda! Congrats on the leap and good for you! You have a positive energy that already shines your way. Creative Blessings to you! :)

hula-la said...

I LOVE CHOCOLATE AND IT LOVES ME!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...