Thursday, October 29, 2009

Woohoo for awards!


Hello my dear friends :) How are you doing? Hopefully well. My first exhibit in San Francisco went very well. I got a ton of good feedback and sold one of my pieces. I absolutely loved watching peoples reactions to my work. The whole thing was so surreal to me, but in a very beautiful way. It was an out of the body experience. I had to take a step back and tell myself that yes, you really have made it this far. Yes, people really do like your stuff...and most of all, yes, you can be still and enjoy this moment. Words just can't explain how unbelievably lucky and blessed I feel. I will never forget my first exhibit/gallery experience.

Now for the upcoming exhibit. I dropped the paintings off with the Sun Gallery in Hayward weekend before last. It's a HUGE gallery and the people there are very nice. I have really enjoyed working with them so far. I am reading and signing the contract tonight which is huge. It's my first contract and is one of those slap-you-in-the-face, your-dream-is-really-happening moments. Feels really good :) So, if you are in Hayward Ca from Oct 30th- Nov. 21st, stop by the Sun Gallery and see my work, along with other Day of the Dead pieces.

I will be posting videos of both exhibiting experiences as well as a giveaway very soon. You can find my videos here. As for the giveaway, I will be giving away an original day of the dead painting that measures 4 inches x 4 inches. If you are interested, let me know and I will enter your name into the drawing!

Last but not least the lovely Tanya Watts has bestowed upon me the awesome blog award that you see above. However, the award comes with rules which are:

1 Thank the person who gave you the award - Thanks again Tanya :)
2 Copy the logo and place it in your blog. - see the logo above
3 Link the person who nominated you. - linked with her name above
4 Name 7 things about yourself that no one would really know.

* I would wear pajama pants all day if I could
* I love photography and pretend to be a photographer in my spare time
* I have over 5,000 songs in my possession
* I have two bathrooms, and I prefer to use the one by my bedroom
* I absolutely LOVE ghost shows and books
* I am slightly obsessed with books and magazines about art
* I hug animals like I would hug a person

5. Nominate 7 "Kreative Bloggers".

I highly suggest checking out these blogs. These ladies are wonderful and extremely talented :)

* Willowing
* Rhomany
* Sanda
* Valerie
* Wyanne
* April (aka Apple :)
* Suzan

6 Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate - links are their names

7 Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know your nominated them.

THE END :)

3 comments:

Apple said...

Thank you so much for the blog award...I love it!!
Congratulations on your gallery shows! You deserve it!

sanda reynolds Mullingar,Ireland said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH, Linda, for the blog award!!!! I LOOOOOVE it and it really made my day!:):):)
I'm soooo HAPPY that everything's going so well for you!!! Big congrats! Can't wait to see the videos!
Lots of love and a BIG hug,
Sanda xx

Gina Lee Kim said...

Hi Lynda, I have been thinking about you....How are you? Happy new year BTW (is it too late to say that?). Miss you. You are a light in the world...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...