Friday, September 11, 2009
Things I have learned
I haven't done a list in a while so I thought I would make one. This list is called, "Things that I have learned about art as a business"
1) There are A TON of other artists that do not write people back (Speaking from personal experience)
What I have learned: ALWAYS write people back.
2) You never know where your art is going to wind up
What I have learned: Yoko ono is following me on Twitter, My Youtube video was put on a Rush Limbaugh website and tons of people have written to tell me that they mentioned me on their sites. (Side note: I LOVE YOU.)
3) People focus on negativity because it is easier
What I have learned: IGNORE NEGATIVITY. You CAN and SHOULD make your dreams come true.
4) Not getting the answers that you need is frustrating.
What I have learned: GOOGLE exists for a reason! lol...
5) I stress about everything WAY too much.
What I have learned: In order to remain sane, I must let go of things that I cannot control, and control what I can handle.
6) Working constantly makes it possible to be seen more often.
What I have learned: Sometimes it is nice NOT to be seen.
7) People try to convince you to work on something other than your dream because "You need to be realistic".
What I have learned: Some people weren't made to be 'realistic'. I am one of those people.
8) Great artists have great studios, and even greater supplies.
What I have learned: Most artists start small, dream big and make it happen
9) Getting your ass kicked in an Etsy forum is a very humbling experience.
What I have learned: It is nicer to avoid it if you can (lmao....)
10) MOST IMPORTANT: LOVE YOUR FANS.
What I have learned: I really really do! :) Thanks to all of my art supporters and fellow dreamers
Note 4 other artists and dreamers: I have found a great resource site for all the dreaming artists out there. It has TONS of information about doing art for a living. Click here