Friday, September 11, 2009

Things I have learned


I haven't done a list in a while so I thought I would make one. This list is called, "Things that I have learned about art as a business"

1) There are A TON of other artists that do not write people back (Speaking from personal experience)

What I have learned: ALWAYS write people back.

2) You never know where your art is going to wind up

What I have learned: Yoko ono is following me on Twitter, My Youtube video was put on a Rush Limbaugh website and tons of people have written to tell me that they mentioned me on their sites. (Side note: I LOVE YOU.)

3) People focus on negativity because it is easier

What I have learned: IGNORE NEGATIVITY. You CAN and SHOULD make your dreams come true.

4) Not getting the answers that you need is frustrating.

What I have learned: GOOGLE exists for a reason! lol...

5) I stress about everything WAY too much.

What I have learned: In order to remain sane, I must let go of things that I cannot control, and control what I can handle.

6) Working constantly makes it possible to be seen more often.

What I have learned: Sometimes it is nice NOT to be seen.

7) People try to convince you to work on something other than your dream because "You need to be realistic".

What I have learned: Some people weren't made to be 'realistic'. I am one of those people.

8) Great artists have great studios, and even greater supplies.

What I have learned: Most artists start small, dream big and make it happen

9) Getting your ass kicked in an Etsy forum is a very humbling experience.

What I have learned: It is nicer to avoid it if you can (lmao....)

10) MOST IMPORTANT: LOVE YOUR FANS.

What I have learned: I really really do! :) Thanks to all of my art supporters and fellow dreamers


Note 4 other artists and dreamers: I have found a great resource site for all the dreaming artists out there. It has TONS of information about doing art for a living. Click here

10 comments:

Bella Sinclair said...

Thanks for sharing your tips and lessons learned. I found this to be a very helpful and inspiring list, like your colorful and bold art!

Hey yeah! Yoko Ono follows you? How fantastic is THAT!

Vangie said...

I think I'm in love...

sanda reynolds Mullingar,Ireland said...

I can't tell you how MUCH I enjoyed reading your post! It's sooo nice and ccomforting to know you're not alone! THANK YOU for sharing this !!! :):)
I saved the site in my favorites, thanks a million! How can I find your youtube page??? I would love to watch your videos!
Lots of love, have a great weekend,
Sanda xx

Rhomany said...

That's a fantastic resource. Thanks for sharing

suziart said...

Oh, you are so smart! I love your list!!!

And feel free to use the "more cowbell"...gotta love a girl that loves that skit, too!

Bella Dreams said...

Hi Lynda! Thank you so much for dropping by my blog. The gypsy wagons are wonderful aren't they? Hope you enjoyed all of their great pics. on their web site!

The Rich Ant said...

Along with your beautiful vivid bold art comes words of wisdom. Thank you so much for sharing! I printed the points you shared out and pined it on my cork board. BTW I would love to do a swap with you.

Casey887 said...

This is honestly probably one of my favorite posts you have ever posted.. It was very uplifting and empowering!
You're such an inspiration and BTW your son is very lucky to have someone like you to look up too!

Ps. I'm very happy to be one of your fans!

Paula said...

I love your list Lynda, thanks for sharing, so much wisdom in there girl. Your artwork is beautiful.

carlibux said...

hey! You have changed the layout! Very nice!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...