Saturday, September 5, 2009

9 Year Old Sells 1st Painting Ever!


This is a new art journal page that I made using stickers, acrylic paint, stamps, a red sharpie and a magazine cut out. There is too much negativity in my life. I am trying to cut the fat out (negativity) as much as possible. I have been told all my life that I am a very overly sensitive soul and because of that, I always thought that it was a bad thing. It is not. Being sensitive has its advantages. For instance, I will help every old person I ever see with anything from opening a door for them to helping them go to the bathroom (I am a caregiver, not a pervert...for the record, lol). Things that require a little sensitivity I am really good at. The downside to being so sensitive is taking in so much negativity. I don't mean to draw it in but because I am so sensitive, I pick up on other peoples emotions as if they are my own. I wanted to make this journal page to accept the fact that I am senstive but to also make myself understand that I am not the kind of person that can healthfully be around negativity on a day by day, moment by moment basis. I hope you like it :)


And in other news:


Guess what? My 9 year old son sold 2 prints of his newest drawing! The other day he came to me and said, "Mom, I want to try to sell my art like you". He spent time drawing a new piece and asked for my help. He drew the cats head, pyramids, water and little stick figures. I helped him draw the body of the cat and painted the background. We had a great time doing this together. After it was done I sat him down and asked him if he wanted to donate half of his earnings to something or someone. He decided to donate his money to the local animal shelter (He is a huge animal planet fan). Then it was time to put it on my Etsy store. I was really nervous for him that nobody would buy it (so I would have to make plans to make my family do it, lol)....but low and behold, he sold 2 within 3 hours of posting it! He sold one to an author and another to a fellow Etsian :) You should've seen how happy and excited he was! I swear he smiled for at least 24 hours. I am so proud of him! I got teary eyed with happiness and excited because my little baby artist is not only growing up, but growing up to be a creative soul with a very giving heart. Here is the link to his painting so that you can see his work. P.s. the description is pretty giggle worthy too :) http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=30319916 Have a good day everyone!

5 comments:

Rhomany said...

Hear hear. Negativity is bad enough first hand without other people bringing you down.

Awesome job on the paintings too, well done Michael!

Gina Lee Kim said...

That is the sweetest thing I've ever heard! Kudos to your son.

p.s. your sensitivity is your gift.

Casey887 said...

I'm so happy for the two of you and once again Congrats to your son!

Casey887 said...

Today I finally got on the ball and am checking out your youtube page.. Leaving comments as I go!
My name is the same there.. Casey887. Awesome anyways..

sanda reynolds Mullingar,Ireland said...

Great, Linda! This is the way to go! Listen more to your heart and less to what the people are saying!
Well done, Michael and WELCOME to the art world!!:):):) The paintings are awesome!
Lots of love,
Sanda xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...