Monday, August 24, 2009

It Is Time


Time to stop making excuses, time to breathe. Time to turn my dreams into reality. I can feel something amazing taking place. Like a wise old medicine woman that can tell by the wind that something drastic is about to happen. "The winds are changing", she would say to me. She would be right. Where am I going? What am I going to do? Which direction will I be taking? I haven't got a single clue. But I know that something huge and positive is coming my way. After all, I am overdue. Painting started as a hobby, something to distract myself, a method of healing. Over the past year, however, it has stopped being just "something to do" and started scratching its way deeper and deeper into my soul. I know this sounds cheesy and weird coming from me but the truth is that right now, in this moment, I could not be more....me. I am going to start posting more seriously about my journey to becoming a full time artist, and a successful one at that. Why? Because I know that I am not the only one with this dream. I also want to be able to share with people what has worked for me and what hasn't. I have realized that maybe I will fail, or be broke. Yes, it's very scary, but I am willing to take the risk. Working at a place you hate just for a lousy paycheck is a risk, having a child is a risk, being in a serious relationship is a risk. We risk things everyday so really....what is one more risk? Don't get me wrong, I will be working a 'normal' job in the mornings and get some extra hours here and there for a 'normal' check, but my main focus is going to be what it should've been years ago. A-R-T. If you have any advice on becoming successful as an artist or any questions, I would absolutely love to hear from you. Until next time, best wishes and lots of love from me to you.

11 comments:

joyfulploys said...

I think you will make it...you seem determined and that is half the battle...live your dreams! That's my advice...do what you love and the rest will fall into place! First time here...love what I have seen of your art so far...I will check out your blog in more detail. I found out about you over at Susan's blog. Cheers!
Mary

sanda reynolds Mullingar,Ireland said...

Hi Linda,
Can't tell you how much I enjoyed reading this post.And, if I think about your other posts lately,I can't agree more with you. Something very good is about to happen in your life!:):):)
I don't have any advice for you, but I can tell you what one of my favorite writers ever (Paolo Coelho) is saying about following your dreams.
If you believe in yourself and you desire something from the very bottom of your heart, that moment the whole univers moves and conspires to help you to achieve it, to fulfill your DREAM.
Lots of love,
Sanda xx

Gina Lee Kim said...

Hi Cutie-pie.

Let's encourage one another...for too am on a similar path. Need to interview for a nursing job this fall. It's freaking me out!!! What if my job drains me of my spirit; come home and dog tired to go create? THAT is my worst fear.

ps- that's why we need each other. ART is our true calling. And I don't want to forget it!
pps- thanks for being YOU

Caryn Lynn said...

Hi, What I have learned along my own path is if you can dream it, you can do it. It may not come on a scheduled timeline or in the particular order you have planned it, but don't give up. Set some big goals take little steps to get there. Sometimes you just have to jump in as soon as you get an idea. I'll write more to you in an email soon. Thanks for posting your questions on my blog. You are on your way! dream, Dream, DREAM!

Artistic Accents by Darla said...

I just love this post and your dream and determination to achieve it! It makes the piece I painted today even more meaningful! Thanks for stopping by to comment on it♥
I wish you the BEST success possible and will look forward to your posts about you achieving this dream! I know you will!!
Darla

Fete et Fleur said...

It sounds to me as if you've landed in the middle of your dreams come true. How wonderful for you. I wish you all the best on this creative journey.

Nancy

whymsicalmusings said...

Oh my goodness you will make it! Your artwork is bright and beautiful!

You write such a lovely compelling post also. That always draws people in. Be yourself the rest will happen on it's own. You have such a beautiful talent I know your light will shine!

XXX
Becky

Francesca said...

A very inspiring post, good for you, following your star. I can only offer this:

We are always right where we need to be.

Create what you love.

Nothing is ever really forgotten. Even things which seem tangential or a waste of time won't be one day.

The best of luck on the journey :)

carlibux said...

Thanks for the kind words :) It means a lot for me, to have people like you. Your style is very beautiful, and I also like your works. Thanks again, keep in touch!

gaffergirls.com said...

your work is wonderful eyecandy
so glad I popped in... yeah for your son... entrepreneur for sure..
have a wonderful weekend
mona & the girls

zma said...

Think positive. I have that perception that you do it. Good luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...