Friday, May 29, 2009

Yummy Paint Success


So this past weekend I got some incredibly exciting news. I had a meeting with an owner of a store in the town next to me about my paintings. She decided that she wants to exhibit and sell my paintings! YAY!! :) She wants three 16x20 paintings and some 4x4's to start with and would also like me to make some coasters and magnets. It was my very first business meeting about my art and a successful one at that. I really feel so flattered and awesome about it. I also posted a new video on Youtube, but I dont like it much. lol. Life is looking very promising. I even got a normal job which is good because I desperately need some sort of cash flow. I am supposed to start that job next week but I think they will call me this weekend. Bring on the paychecks! :) I've been painting and drawing like crazy in order to have more things to sell....plus, who am I kidding? Its fun and I love being messy with gooey paint goodness! P.s....like my new painting?

12 comments:

Caryn Lynn said...

Congratulations, more wonderful artwork circling the universe. Can't get much better than that. Thanks for your words of encouragement that you sent my way today to add a little sweet to my sour.

Gina Lee Kim said...

Oh Lynda...I'm soooo ecstatic for you! Congrats, congrats, congrats :). And I love your new painting!

sanda reynolds Mullingar,Ireland said...

Hi Linda,
I like your new painting very much and I really love your bright colours!!! Can't tell you how happy I was reading your post! It's really SUPER!!!
Congratulations!
Have a great weekend, hugs,
Sanda xx

suziart said...

That is absolutely wonderful for you!!! Congrtazzz
Xo, SuZi

Casey887 said...

Congrats!!
I'm glad things are working out well for you..
Good luck at the new job!

Ivy and Haley said...

I'm glad to hear that your life is being put together so nicely!

I really do like that painting.

Paula said...

Great about your new job Lynda. I hope you will really love it.
And you are so motivated in selling your stuff, I'm not there yet, I get too involved with it, and then can't let it go ...

Witch Hollow Primitives said...

Congrats on your art being in the store, exciting isn't it? I am so happy for you. Good luck at the new job, I know you will do great!
Have a wonderful Sunday.
Blessings,
Heather

TanyaMac said...

Hello Sugar bunch!!! What fabulous news! I'm delighted for you and I love your latest painting!!! Here's to all things new ♥ ;)*

P.S Yahoo mail is giving me a headache or two - will you pop your address to me at arabellacardco@eircom.net instead? thanx hun!

Witch Hollow Primitives said...

Lynda, I have an award for you if you would like it, stop by my blog and check it out.
Thank you for your friendship.
hugs,
Heather

Apple said...

Hey Lynda, You asked for my YouTube link. Here it is...

http://www.youtube.com/user/artandsoul2

I already subscribe to you!! Thanks!

Gina Lee Kim said...

Hi again, sweet Lynda. You asked about how to approach Starbucks for an exhibit. It totally depends on the local manager. How I did it was to keep asking (and ordering a lot of lattes) and sought the manager when it was not busy, that's key. The only drawback is that there is sometimes a year-long waiting list. So do it now rather than later. I'm here for you. Good luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...