Saturday, May 16, 2009

Good Morning


Hello everyone :) Yesterday was a crazy busy day. I decided to bake and decorate a cake Ace of Cakes style for a very close friend of mine named Jim (but I call him Jimkins). That cake is the picture you see above. Today is his birthday but last night my family and I decided to make him a mini birthday/ dinner party. We made really yummy chicken wings, homemade mac and cheese and baked asparagus. I can honestly say that the cake took the longest and was the most difficult. I started baking at 6:30 am and didn't finish the cake until around 5:30 pm! It was fun and I learned a lot...but I am also exhausted today, lol. Everyone really liked it so that made me happy. I was so tired after I was done with it that I vowed to my friend Rosa that I am never going to make one again. So much for that idea. She said, "Well you can not make one for a while but I am giving you notice now that I want one for my birthday in a couple of months." Uh, okay, lol. Having to cut it up practically broke my heart but that's what it's purpose was so I will be okay, lol. Anyway, have a good weekend and last but not least....HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIMKINS!!!!! :)

5 comments:

sanda reynolds Mullingar,Ireland said...

WOW, Linda, you really amazed me with this!!! How on earth did you make those gorgeous( and I'm sure yummy as well) decorations? How many other talents do you have? It's BEAUTIFUL! And Happy Birthday to your dear friend! Hugs, Sanda xx

Caryn Lynn said...

That is one beautiful cake you made. I used to love to bake when I was a girl but hardly ever do it now. I love to cook it is alot less time consuming than baking!

Ivy and Haley said...

This cake is incredible! You are really creative.

I liked the comment you left on post secret. Without wanderers, there would never be anything new.

Come visit our blog! And comment please, we love comments :)
http://ivyandhaley.blogspot.com

Casey887 said...

That cake is awesome..
Loved it.

TanyaMac said...

That cake is love 'pure love'! Well done you!!!

{pity you had to eat it right?})*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...