Monday, April 27, 2009

Hopelessly Grateful


I have an issue that I am sure is not just mine. I just graduated in March with Dean's honors and an award....and haven't been able to find a job yet. There are no jobs in the field that I went to school for and I can't seem to get a job that has a reliable paycheck. I wish the economy would just get better already...I'm a single mother and have bills to pay for crying out loud. I want my message to be this: If you are in the same boat that I am in, you are not alone. We are in this together and I am here for you. This has to get better at some point. Until it does I will try not to freak out and will do my best to focus on the positive instead. Here is what I focus on now:

1. Clean laundry
2. A healthy family
3. A roof over our heads and warm blankets
4. Hot showers
5. The library
6. Sunsets
7. Music
8. Art, paint, glitter, etc
9. Friends
10. Clean water
11. Laughing really hard whenever I can
12. Delicious food
13. Toilets
14. Hugs
15. Anything pink
16. Sticking my feet out of a car window on a sunny day
17. My cat
18. Movies
19. The internet
20. The fact that my life and day could always be worse

What does your list look like?

7 comments:

Flor Larios Art said...

Hi Lynda,
I will go to Etsy and add you. And regarding followers...I guess is by visiting blogs and leaving comments and also following them...
Thank you for visiting mine.
Flor

Marie Reed said...

I just love your list! It's great that you put hot showers on it! That's what I'm about to do right now! The economy is driving me bonkers too!

Casey887 said...

I know how you feel but instead of a son it's just my husband and I that were both laid off from our jobs.. It's hard but I focus on my husband, The simple things in life, My dog and my friends that are always there for me and make me feel better(online and offline)..

Things will get better, We just have to wait it out.

Michelle said...

I love your list and your blog is so beautiful! the top of my list is my Mom, am grateful everyday for her in my life.

Thank you for following my blog!

Michelle :)

Artistic Accents by Darla said...

Great blog Lynda! Thanks stopping by mine!
Your list of things to be grateful for is awesome.
Right now I'm grateful for my job, I'd rather be home creating stuff but that doesn't put food on the table just yet :)
Take care,
Darla
p.s. Good luck on finding that job. It WILL happen!!

Bella Sinclair said...

Beautiful list. You are absolutely right, there's so much to be thankful for. Good health, food, shelter, a TOILET. These are terrible times, and so much more pressure when you are a young mother. I hope something wonderful comes your way. But whatever you do, don't give up. Don't wait for something to happen, make it happen.

Your art below with the 'Old Man' cracked me up! Fabulous art and blog!

suziart said...

I am so glad I discovered your fantastic blog! And your list is awesome! I feel the same. I was let go from my job as a sculptor for a world known glass company, and am now back in school. Trying to learn computer graphic skills.
XoXo, SuZi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...